Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sydney FC vs Newcastle










I think ill start off with this match while it’s still fresh in my mind. I have a Cove season pass in Bay 26 so was at the game. I’v recently watched it at home for a better view and think I’v made up my mind on what I want to whinge… I mean discuss.

First up the formation that Butcher started with:

-----------------Bolton-----------------
----------------------------------------
Fyfe----Hyphen----Rudan----Ceccoli
----------------------------------------
----------------McFlynn---------------
Milligan-----------------------Brosque
-----------------Corica-----------------
----------------------------------------
---------Zdrillic----Petrovski---------

Zadkovich
Talay
Bingley
Pasfield

Although I don’t think this setup is ideal, it was more forced due to the injury list that the club is facing at the moment. I loved the system used in Wollongong during pre season and I’m sure Butcher will revert back to that 4-2-3-1 formation once we get a few more of our regulars back on deck.

First up id like to see Carbone in place of Corica whenever we can get him in there and PLEASE make it as soon as possible. Although Milligan is being groomed as the next Defensive Mid/Winger, I miss him in defense. I’v heard people say he will be “wasted” playing at right back which is a load of crap! The system that Butcher is trying to play with the attacking Wingbacks makes it one of the most important positions on the park. Screw Arnold if he wants him in midfield for the future of the Socceroos. He is a defender and will benefit the club the most, for now at least, playing at the back.

The 2nd option I would like to see which was crying out to be used after Corica was sent on Sunday is a back 3 of Milligan, Hyphen and Rudan. “No width” you say…. Newcastle are still my tip to get the spoon this season and we have to be playing for more than a single point at HOME to teams like them! I would have liked to see a 3-4-2 after Coricas red with the back 3 mentioned above, Zadkid, McFlynn, Talay and Brockie who was stupidly left off the bench to make way for….Bingly in midfield and finally leaving Zdrillic up front with Brosque just behind in the front 2. I was really disappointed with Butchers negative attitude and slow reaction to the red card. Even in his half time interview for fox he said “all the players are fine.” Well Terry, they certainly didn’t look fine after the break. That’s now 2 weeks in a row where we have looked the goods in the 1st half only to fall badly away in the 2nd.

Zdrillic is normally a player that is bagged unceremoniously but I would like to congratulate him on one of his many good performances from the striker this season. He was the striker of the pair that was moving about and trying to get involved with the play, doing his job of holding up the ball. For the last few matches I have thought that Petrovski has been the poorer of the pair and doesn’t deserve his starting spot.

Their 2nd goal came from another disciplinary slip. Rudan having a go at the reff AGAIN while Newcastle quickly took the free kick and slotted away a goal before he had shut his mouth. Then Corica the tool! Keep your fucking language and feelings to yourself! Of course Breeze was going to send him. You just don’t swear or accuse reffs of cheating let alone both in the same sentence!

Now although Corica is an old, lazy man who can barely last to half time, where was the discipline that the coach has the responsibility of instilling into the player/s? I can also remember Fyfe having a go at the linesman on more than one occasion.

While I’m on the issue of discipline, I have to have my dig at Ceccoli for his spray at Butcher. It was clear to see at the ground and I congratulate Butcher for immediately pulling him off and in the end I have read today that he will be fined by either the club internally or the matter will be taken up with the FFA. The only reason I have Ceccoli in any of my teams is due to a lack of alternatives. I cannot stand his general attitude let alone his crossing ability!

Feel free to comment and have a go at anything I have said. I want to hear others opinions on any of the matters above and more. I’m sure they will differ from myn!

DANE

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude its Smith. Fire up a little Buddy.

Nah only kidding there is some good stuff in here and i agree with most of what you say. Got to get some alternatives happening in the line-up, i especially agree with your Milligan comment and must say that somewhere in the line up there should be room for Zadkovich.

And there arn't enough raps for the Number 1 - Clint Bolton. He is the stand out for me so far this season - what a man!!

Love the work mate. Keep it up. Will post a better comment in the uni break.

Cheers, Smith

2:06 pm  
Blogger Dane said...

I cant deny Bolton is an excellent keeper and at the very start of the season pulled off some excellent saves that saved Sydney's arse BUT in the last 2 games he has made key goalkeeping errors that have resulted in equalising goals, and ultimatly cost us the game.

We have 2 goalkeepers for this reason and Pasfield should be knocking on the door for selection.

Just a thought...

DANE

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home