Monday, September 10, 2007

Perth vs Sydney - Worst Round Ever?

I got called into work late yesterday afternoon so unfortunately missed the game. I don't have FOX and the few saviors that usually cap the A-League for me on Aussie Torrents are caught up doing the Rah Rah World Cup. Match reports and fans opinions that I have since read seem to tell me that I saved 90 mins of my life by not watching it so I will change the direction of this post to pushing for breaks during international weekends.

442 seems to sum up the round pretty well with their headline "Worst A-League Week Ever?" Whole bulks of squads were made up of players that have hardly had a sniff at this level and even to the extent of using State League players straight up. I understand that the FFA has broadcast commitments as well as the problem of forcing an overlap into the seasons of other codes but surely this week has proved that some sort of a compromise has to be reached.

I love international football, whether that be the Socceroos or any of the various youth sides but the obviously bias "mainstream" media (Won't mention any names *NEWSCORP*) has jumped all over this and instead of talking up the internationals being played, we get headlines like one I read in the Sunday paper; "Z-League?" just bagging the competition!. This won't exactly help our competition's attendances will it...

Come on FFA, lets not go through this again.

DANE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home