Thursday, September 21, 2006

Romario to Adeliade?



Everyone is talking up the prospect of FORMER Brazilian international and FORMER superstar, Romario comeing to Adelaide United on a 4 match guest stint with the prospect of signing him for a full season as their marquee player but I have my doubts.

As the only one in my group of friends who gives a flying toss about Australian football, ever since the start of the new league I have had to listen to these "newbies" whinging how every player they target is old and past it. "Oh not another 30+ player" They go on about. How many other people out there have this same opinion? Arent these people meant to be the ones we are preaching the league to?

Bring on the younger generation of "unknowns." I love seeing the players such as Alessandro, Rodriguez, Zadkovic etc who have shown themselves to be real uncovered gems. Players comeing into or at their peak rather than "another old bloke."

I will however, save my total judgement on the whole Romario situation until I have seen the guy play. Maybe he will prove everyone wrong and show everyone how much he still has it and how good "experienced" players are for the league? But maybe not...

DANE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home