Monday, October 09, 2006

Getting Rediculous


There I was, thinking that I’d be going to see two attacking teams go at it head to head. End to end of slick, passing football. I even decided to put a bet on Sydney at what I thought were generous odds of $1.85 after last week but again I was treated to another poor home performance.

The first half was shit, boring football but what could I expect from the baffling selections that Butcher once again made? Bingley starting in Central Defence AGAIN? Zdrillic still keeping Sasho on the bench? One of Australias most promising Central Defenders, Topor-Stanley playing as a winger? Should I keep going?!

Keep the only formation that we have looked good playing, 4-2-3-1 and just swap the forced Corica for Brosque and Talay for Milligan. I thought it would be common sense to drop Bingley for Topor-Stanley. What a joke that selection was. Hyphen looked like a tool out on the wing. I really felt for the guy. As for Zdrillic still winning a starting spot, I just don’t understand it. I have never seen him get the ball at his feet and run at a defender. Continual chest down or airswing headers, one after another. I just can’t understand Butchers selections and tactics. If someone out there does, please, please explain them to me!

Fyfe and Ceccoli, Sydney’s wide defenders always seem to be getting forward but with no urgency or skill. Time after time, especially Fyfe seemed to trot up the wing with the ball then either whip in an aimless cross or be quickly shut down and either lose possession or pass it backwards. If Butcher wants to play with these positions pushing forward, drill them or get players who are capable of fulfilling this role!

The midfield was still its uncreative, mysterious self. No shape, no direction. Actually there was a direction from McFlynn. Route 1, straight up the middle. I admire the bloke's heart and passion for the team and shirt but mate, its time for a spell on the bench. We need creativity in the midfield, not the rubbish that you dished up for us on Sunday!

It seemed like it took the half time break for Sydney to realise that it was windy and if you kick the ball in the air, it isn’t going to go where you intended. Hey, maybe Butcher made a “tactical change” in the break….. I did however, enjoy the second half. I don’t know whether it was the singing and jumping around getting more intense or the fact that when Talay came on you could see an obvious improvement in the fact that the ball was actually being moved around, finding player’s feet. Hmm isnt that the change that we have all been crying out for! Now Butcher, are you going to learn and start the bloke next week?

Queensland however, didn’t come to play football and just sat back, letting us do what we wanted at the end. In their eyes, they definately gained a point rather than losing two which is the way I see it for Sydney.

Ill end what seems like neverending criticism of my team with a big rap to Alvin Ceccoli. Wonder strike mate! I could watch that goal over and over again! Keep it up!

DANE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home